Yes, you read that right. We’re talking of launching your career not after class 12, not after graduation, but right after class 10! Normally this would not be possible, or extremely difficult to say the least, if it were not for the field of animation which refuses to be governed by the traditional rules of education.
So while the idea seems crazy, there are some very good reasons for starting out right after class 10, if you feel you have that creative streak in you. Let’s look at some of them.
- It’s all about how skilled you are: Unlike traditional career options, being a good animator has absolutely nothing to do with degrees and teachers. Good books and good teachers make a lot of difference, but all that is secondary to a student’s talent and dedication, things you can’t learn through a course or at a university.
- Opportunities galore: The field of animation is exploding with opportunities right now. Jobs are growing at an exponential rate. The best of animation and gaming companies are rapidly opening offices in India; and more animators and artists are needed than ever before. Also, looking at the overall picture, there is a serious crunch of good talent in this industry. There are an armful of areas to choose from: advertising, gaming, e-learning, television, film production, web designing, and so on.
- Lots of courses: Many world-class institutes have launched courses in animation and modeling, and are accepting students’ right after class 10. These institutes also help with placements in renowned companies.
- Get the early-bird advantage: By starting to pursue a career in animation right after class 10, you will be saving yourself at least 3-4 years. The learning will be focused and that will enable you to establish yourself better as you would have gained specialization in a field in which you would like to work.
- Complete education alongside: “Earn while you learn” a popular saying will not remain a myth anymore. You will be able to continue working and also enroll for a correspondence course at the same time. This way, you will be able to easily complete your schooling with minimal effort, and also work towards completing your graduation side by side.
Time is important, and that is what you would be doing by launch yourself headlong into a career in animation after class 10. If you are dedicated, you will be rewarded duly.